Technological advancement has brought revolutionary changes in everything around us. The traditional way of presenting things have now changed a lot. Earlier, to sell a product, a company needs to do a proper campaign and manual marketing of the products. However, this has changed a lot these days. Online marketing of products has made things much convenient and has also saved a lot of money. Consumers of this decade are active on social media. This has led to the concept of Green marketing, Social media marketing, Direct marketing, etc.
How can the marketer know what to serve?
The marketers are now not well aware of what the consumer wants. Constant surveys and feedback from the consumers will help the marketers to understand the changing market scenario. This will help them to find proper marketing and advertising strategies to attract the attention of the consumers. The consumers are considered as the king of any company. It is very important to know the taste and preference of the consumers so that the company can provide them with their requirements.
The marketers are very efficient and can easily develop proper tactics and strategies to identify the needs of the consumers. Nowadays, marketers can easily serve consumers by understanding their temperaments and demands. Consumers are not always aware of what they want. It is the marketers who understand their needs and provide them with the ideal product. Moreover, marketers also want a long term relationship with their customers. Hence they are always engaged in making their products better every day.
Why are the consumers distracted?
As the world is developing gradually, consumers have a lot of options to avail of. The recent trends of changing patterns of marketing are gradually attracting a lot of customers as a result of which the customers are always getting distracted and jumping from one brand to another. Consumers can easily get distracted due to various reasons. Some of them are:
- Too many options available – Customers now have a lot of options to purchase. This not only makes them confused to identify the best option but also makes them distracted. Different brands making the same product make the consumer confused.
- Advertisement: It often happens that your competitor advertises their products in a much approachable and fashionable way which gets the full attention of your customers. They give various schemes to attract your customer and seeing this, your customers also go into a dilemma and get distracted.
- Price: The price of your product and your competitor’s product seldom has a huge difference. Customer will always want to use the best quality products but at a reasonable price. The costing of products plays a major role in the attraction and distraction of your customers. It happens that they get confused and could not determine which one they should purchase that results in either they do not purchase the product or get the one that is in their budget.
- Crowd: When customers will go to the billing counter for their product billing they often get agitated with the waiting time in queues. Since people do not have time, they always want to finish their work faster so that they can get back to their work. This long process of billing makes them distracted and they often do not purchase the products and leave.
Five ways to grab the attention of the consumers
It is both an opportunity as well as a challenge for the marketers to attract and connect the distracted consumers. Every marketer needs to focus on creating a good relationship with the customer so that they do not get distracted. The marketers need to think of different techniques through which the customers will remain loyal to the brand and will not get distracted. Here are 5 ways that you can apply to your company to stop your customers from getting distracted. They are:
- Target consumers need to be decided – The first thing is to segment your customers. You need to decide the target customers so that you can set the proper marketing strategies for them. This will also help you to understand the behavioral patterns of the target customers which will again help you to understand the demands of your target. Using strategies on the target customers will also help you to get their attention.
- Send customized emails – Sending customized emails will not only attract your customers but will also make them happy. The latest technologies are designed in such a way that sending customized emails to individuals is very easy.
- Referral marketing – This is a process through which the marketers can easily promote their goods and services both new as well as existing to the consumer through referrals. This can be through word of mouth, giving referral codes, etc. these codes will help them to avail of a discount on the products and services that you have to offer to them. This will seriously attract a lot of distracted customers.
- Inbound marketing – This is a new form of marketing that attracts a lot of customers. This type of marketing mostly involves creating and sharing content freely that is full of information about the product. This helps to attract a lot of distracted customers and can even convert prospective customers into customers.
- Search Engine marketing – The new era is of e-marketing. Search Engine Marketing is a typical form of marketing where the visibility of the websites is increased in the Search Engine result pages. This type of promotion helps to attract a lot of distracted consumers. The promotions are done either with the help of paid placement or paid inclusions or through contextual advertising, etc. this type of marketing is extremely efficient to attract the customers. It is one of the most efficient forms of marketing as most people are now mostly dependent on the internet and social media.
The latest techniques and strategies help marketers to make distracted customers interested. The emerging trends in web marketing have also helped marketers to get their customers back. The process of gaining the attention of the customers through social media websites is also another simple way of attracting your customers. The marketers need to design their business plan strategically so that they can retain the existing customers and also convert potential customers easily.