Several users, while buying something online, always keep in hand multiple certain preferences. The most convenient and beneficial option is definitely chosen by users. Well, that’s basic common sense. So, if you have a local business and you want to categorize your business at the top of the user’s preference list, then you just can’t avoid Google My Business.
If people in your area make a search relevant to your business, then you’d definitely want the following factors to appear on the search result:
- Whether you have the visibility of your business or not.
- Whether your business has easy access or not.
- Whether your brand is presented effectively or not.
The Concept of Google My Business (GMB)
Google My Business is considered to be the extension of Google Places program, which focusses on the appearance of a particular business in Search and Maps more frequently on searching. In fact, with the help of this program, you can even control and customize the appearance of your business.
Also, it helps you to monitor your business name, locations and even reviews which the customers give. It gives you full control over displaying your business allowing you to put up a competition with others having a similar business in the market.
GMB is Absolutely Free
Yes, unlike some other business optimization programs, Google My Business is totally free of cost. You just need to register your business and verify your profile by updating and optimizing the account. You can even check from a customer’s point of view whether your business is easily visible among the local search or not.
Steps to Create GMB Listing
In order to enlist your business, there are some simple steps you need to follow. Following are the steps provided by Google:
- If you have a Google account, log into it, otherwise create one.
- Click “Manage Now” and go to the GMB page.
- Fill up the given space with the name of your business.
- Location information of your business should be entered then.
- Select the option “Yes/No” on the basis of your service outside that location.
- The business category should be selected.
- Carefully fill up the contact details.
- Submit the information and verify your GMB account (via post, via mobile or via e-mail).
GMB Profile Optimization
To be very clear, your visibility depends upon the optimization of your GMB profile. Following are some ways to do so:
- Updating business information on a regular basis.
- Adding a business profile photo and cover photo.
- Uploading certain videos regarding your business.
- Make your GMB profile look attractive to customers.
The Google My Business program has got several positive reviews which shows that it has proven itself to be a necessity for individuals having a certain business. It not only contributes to a more professional approach of your business but also adds on to your direct connection with both satisfied and unsatisfied customers. This program can be considered as a major power tool for SEO.
For more details regarding the same, visit the proficient SEO consulting firm krish marketing